Beloit Meals On Wheels has received a two-year Community Grant award for $170,000 from United Way Blackhawk Region. This investment will help subsidize meal program costs due to the increased demand for services. For over a half century, Meals On Wheels has served at-risk homebound seniors in Beloit who face food insecurity and have trouble accessing or preparing meals. The daily delivery of nutritious meals and safety checks provides a vital safety net helping seniors increase their independence so they can remain in their home and stay self-sufficient.
“We are grateful for the continued support from United Way Blackhawk Region and the many employers and donors who participated in the Live United Campaign. This funding will enable us to open the door and nourish the wellness, purpose, and dignity of Beloit homebound seniors,” says Beloit Meals On Wheels Executive Director, Ellen Wiegand.
According to our recent client survey,
- 97% of clients receiving Meals On Wheels rated the program as good to excellent
- 97% live at extremely low to very low-income levels
- 97% look forward to seeing our volunteer drivers
- 97% say the meals helped them live independently in their home
- 98% of clients stated they would recommend us to a friend or family member
Together, we are making a difference! We’re proud to offer this quality program to our Beloit homebound senior community.