Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Classification: Non-exempt, 30 hours/week
Wage: $16 – $18/hour
Position Purpose: This dynamic, articulate person is responsible for the overall management of the volunteer service coordination for the organization. This person will recruit, train, and help to retain volunteers and assist with a variety of daily operational duties to fulfill the Beloit Meals On Wheels, Inc. mission. This position requires a highly motivated, organized, and resourceful individual who possesses exceptional oral and written communications skills and uses critical thinking and continuous improvement to successfully navigate the demands of this important position. They excel both as an individual contributor and in a team environment.
Build Authentic, Trusting Relationships: Works with corporate/individual/civic donors, elected officials, churches, internal staff members, outside vendors, community representatives as well as Meals On Wheels, Inc. clients and families to help maintain, develop, and promote organizational-branding initiatives consistent with strategic planning goals and operational objectives, specifically the organization’s volunteer needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with volunteer drivers, including promoting and recruiting opportunities to prospective volunteers, training, assigning, evaluating, and supervising volunteers.
- Manage the day-to-day volunteer service activities of meal delivery and special project volunteers.
- Oversee scheduling of volunteers ensuring all volunteer positions are filled and meals are delivered.
- Manage and accurately record volunteer intakes, schedules, recording of hours, and reporting.
- Coordinate and/or support volunteer recognition and appreciation efforts.
- Assist with marketing efforts (may include e-newsletters and promotional/fundraising events).
- Assist with the processing of client intake services in a professional, caring, and compassionate manner which includes communicating any new client starts, cancellations, meal frequency, or dietary changes verbally with staff and inputting into software.
- Act as liaison for client communication, interfacing with clients and all members of the home delivered meal program, as well as family members, volunteers, and other service providers.
- Answer phones in a professional manner; display friendly and positive attitude with staff members, clients, volunteers, and all prospective callers.
- Serve as backup with day-to-day operation of home delivered meal program including meal check-in, meal reconciliation, and in-home client admission visits.
Organization Expectation of Employee
- Support the mission, vision, and goals of Beloit Meals On Wheels, Inc.
- Represent Meals On Wheels, Inc. with elevated level of professionalism both inside/outside the office.
- Maintain confidentiality of client, donor, volunteer, staff, and board information.
- Collaborate with volunteers and outside content creators to complete projects as needed.
- Maintain dependable transportation, valid driver license, and personal vehicle insurance.
- High school diploma, and associate degree preferred in social services related field.
- Experience working with volunteers, and knowledge of basic human and social service principles including importance of confidentiality methods for addressing vulnerable senior populations of issues within the social services or elderly population.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with grant writing experience preferred; ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is desirable.
- Above average interpersonal communication skills including excellent group presentation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Working knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office software products.
- Must have flexible work schedule and be able to work after hours/weekends when required for events, volunteer recruitment, or special events.
- Contribute to other projects when necessary.
- Must have valid driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, and be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Serves as backup support to all other positions in the organization
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Beloit Meals On Wheels, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.