Beloit Meals On Wheels began service to Nilah Schenck in 2007, and over the years, we delivered every day, 365 days a year, including holidays. Nilah appreciated this marvelous service and the volunteers who made the deliveries so much that she included our program in her will. Incredibly, that bequest enabled Beloit Meals On Wheels to make some much needed improvements at the office and meal site location that otherwise would not have been possible.
Nilah’s gift inspired the Board of Directors to create the Beloit Meals On Wheels Planned Giving Program. This Planned Giving Program provides a way for donors to leave a lasting mark, just as Nilah did, through gifts that allow this organization to meet its mission of providing daily nutritious meals and information to promote dignity and independence for the homebound elderly, ill and disabled.
We Deliver More Than Just a Meal
Your gift will help to ensure that we continue to deliver a daily safety check on a recipient’s well-being when we deliver a well-balanced meal.
Become a Planned Giving Member
As a member, you will be invited to attend our annual meeting and recognition celebration. You’ll alson be honored on our recognition wall with your family (when applicable and with your permission). Contact your estate planner or life insurance agency to learn how you can help our program thrive.
Ways to Give Back To Your Community
- Bequest by Will – you can make a charitable gift by designating a percentage or a specific dollar amount of your estate (this type of gift qualifies for the charitable tax deduction).
- Beneficiary Designations – many financial accounts, CDs, mutual funds, annuities and life insurance policies allow you to make a charitable gift using beneficiary designations.
- Appreciated Property – gifts of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds qualify for a charitable income tax deduction (avoid capital gains taxes and reduce potential estate taxes).
- Retirement Plans – you can make a charitable gift using the beneficiary designation of your IRA, 401(k) or other retirement plan (this type of gift avoids estate and income taxation on the assets accumulated tax-free during your lifetime).
- Gifts of Life Insurance – life insurance offers flexible ways to make a charitable gift of an existing or new policy.
- Matching Gift – You can double your impact with an employer matching gift. Many companies will match your gifts to Beloit Meals on Wheels and it’s an easy way to double your support. Check with your employer to see if they participate in matching gifts.
Please Contact Us With Any Questions
Form: Send us an email via the form below